Health Insurance Getting new health insurance - Family history of conditions

NewEdition

I am about to renew my healthcare.

My family has some conditions that may run in the family and as I get older, I want to be sure I have sufficient cover. If I ask about this on the phone when I call them, am I increasing my premium as I may be perceived as a higher risk?
Or should I do my homework and be sure that the plan already covers what I need and then get that plan and order it by name rather than going into details of why I need certain cover.

Also, I will ring all the providers and try to get the best quote - Am I right in saying there are only the four in Ireland?
VHI
Laya
Glo Health
Irish Life Health

(I took these from the HIA website drop down list)

Is it worth trying Aviva for the Irish Life Health cover, or is Aviva likely to be more expensive than going direct?

NewEdition,

What plan are you on at the moment and when is your renewal date?
All illnesses are covered on any health insurance plan.
The difference between plans relates to the type of hospital you can attend, according to the cover on your plan.

Regards, Snowyb

Well, its a policy with Glo, I dont have the policy details to hand.

I want to be sure that I have sufficient cover should I have the condition that may run in the family - Its basically heart related and I would need to get various tests done to see how I am getting on - I have been delaying the tests until I am sure that I am covered to the necessary level.
I may very well be covered at this time and at renewal, I would seek similar level of cover as I have now. But at time of renewal, if I ask questions on the phone around specific conditions, does that raise a red flag with the call centre person, therefore increasing my premium?

It doesn't affect your premium at all, if you ask questions on the phone around specific conditions.

Back