Getting mortgage with bad credit rating

Neuken

Hi

My sister is looking into buying a house but due to a bad credit rating is finding it difficult to get mortgage approval. My question is.........

Can I help her in any way?(and no I don't have the money to buy her a house). I live and work abroad so that creates extra difficulties.

Is it possible to be Guarantor? or possible for us jointly to apply for the mortgage based on my credit history and she claims the mortgage tax relief? or any other possible scenario?

Some advice would be greatly appreciated........

Thanks

Some of the following lenders offer mortgages to people with poor credit histories. The catch is they charge higher interest rates than the "high street" lenders. But if your sister gets a mortgage through one of them and keeps her credit rating good for a year or two, she should be able to get a better rate, either from the incumbent lender or by re-mortgaging.

[broken link removed]

http://www.startmortgages.ie/

If memory serves, the following brokers do a lot of business with customers with poor credit ratings also...

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

But if your sister gets a mortgage through one of them and keeps her credit rating good for a year or two, she should be able to get a better rate, either from the incumbent lender or by re-mortgaging.

Thats correct.... your sister can take out a loan with these lenders...
Provided she keeps her repayments up to date for the next 6 to 12 months (Based on income and employment situation remaining the same) there should be no problem in reducing the rate....

She will be required to keep payments up to date for at least 18 months before being considered by one of the prime lenders...

If she has a judgement against her name she will have to remain with the lenders for 2 years before considering applying for a new rate or switching lenders..

These rates range from approx 4-8% depending on your sisters credit rating

Can anyone help? While I was a student I ran behind on repayments and have a bad credit history as a result. The loan was paid in full in time and was for just 1000 euros, however missed repayments were frequent. Since finishing college I have a good job in the public service and am in control of my finances. I now want to get a mortgage and its only 2.5 yrs since loan has been cleared on my ICBaccount. What kind of chance do I have of geting a motgage from a prime lender? Any suggestions welcome

Hi,

Is the name 'Neuken' not a very inappropiate username? I know what it means in Dutch...

Something like ****ing.

I don't mind by the way a username like that in another language. Can be funny.

It looks funny to read Hi Neuken

Back