Getting money back from Amex Blue

zag

Can anyone enlighten me as to the actual procedure for getting money back from the Amex Blue 1% scheme ?

I have had my card for about 15 months now and was expecting a cheque earlier this year. The statemement does indicate a good few bob coming my way, but I thought it was going to appear as if by magic at the end of month 12 or maybe 13 . . .

I will ring them tomorrow, but thought I would check here first to see if anyone could enlighten me.

Cheers,

z

They deduct the built-up cashback amount from your bill every 12 months (or at least that's what they do for me). You don't get a cheque.

Hi zag

I concur with RainyDay. Amex will deduct this on the anniversary date of your taking out the account.

Marion

Ah, rats - I was looking forward to a cheque.

As per my original post I am now on month 15 or so of the account - is there a particular anniversary I need to wait for, or should it have been on the 1st anniversary ?

z

15 months sounds strange. I'm not sure whether it is a specific anniversary. I think I get mine each June.

I rang the man in Amex and after he confirmed that you should get the refund after your 1st 12 months. When I told him I was on month 15 he went off and investigated. Report came back that there was a glitch in January, and the money has been credited now.

z

Back