Asking for a friend.
The following is a copy of her message to me.
‘I am
In receipt of no contribution Irish pension since 2024 . I was not made aware that I could purchase the shortfall credits to bring me up to a contributory pension by social welfare .
Is it to late to do this now
I will be in receipt of inheritance and have been told any money over 20 k will be means tested and my pension stopped .
What can I spend my inheritance on
Can I buy a car ?
Can I improve my home with windows and doors as it needs them .
Can I gift some money to my children
What is the best possible way for me to manage this and to get my full pension back
I am only short 6 contributions.
Can I pay property tax due on my own home also?’
Thanks in advance for any advice/assistance you can provide.
The following is a copy of her message to me.
‘I am
In receipt of no contribution Irish pension since 2024 . I was not made aware that I could purchase the shortfall credits to bring me up to a contributory pension by social welfare .
Is it to late to do this now
I will be in receipt of inheritance and have been told any money over 20 k will be means tested and my pension stopped .
What can I spend my inheritance on
Can I buy a car ?
Can I improve my home with windows and doors as it needs them .
Can I gift some money to my children
What is the best possible way for me to manage this and to get my full pension back
I am only short 6 contributions.
Can I pay property tax due on my own home also?’
Thanks in advance for any advice/assistance you can provide.