Getting a new mobile - which network/package is best?

jinty

Hi Everybody,

I'm getting a mobile for the first time. I've looked on the Askcomreg website and I have entered various scenarios and meteor and/or 3 billpay always come up as a best option. Neither of these have friend for free options and I was wondering are these worth it or are they just gimmicks.

What are the advantages of pay as you go over bill pay? Bill pay seems to be invariably cheaper.

Help, please!

Jinty.

If you have put realistic figures into callcosts.ie - then I would go with what comes out best. One thing to think about - is that many Meteor bill pay packages include a large amount of free mobile to landline calls if you live at an address with a current Eircom account. (I think it is something like 1500 mins a month) - which could be worth quite a lot.

I find pre-pay on 20euro with vodafone fantastic - get free calls and texts to all vodafone phones; as long as your partner/friends are on vodafone, its almost impossible to use up the 20euro - biggest problem I have is that the credit eventually expires - although I usually use it up every few months on a trip to UK.
My biggest phone gripe now is eircom - would love to get rid of landline - but need it for DSL.

Back