Get aircon serviced in south east

G

Guest125

Hi all,
I have a 07 Skoda octavia elegance.The operation of the aircon has become intermittent and also the windows are misting up badly after stopping the car.If the aircon works when I restart the mist disappears very quickly but if it doesn't kick in the car is undriveable for at least 10-15 mins. I understand that the aircon doesn't run if the ambient temp is low but this problem occurs even if the temp is 8 deg or higher. I think the dedhumidy filter needs to be changed and the system regassed. Does anyone know someone in the south-east who will do this work?

Have you get the "Recirculate" switch left on? This helps clear the the windows quickly in cold weather, but if left on, it fogs the windows up again. The switch effectively prevents the air-con from sucking in fresh air.

The other thing to look at is replacing the pollen filter and cleaning out any debris (leaves, twigs, seeds, insects, etc.) that may be blocking it.

ace motorfactors, newbawn, new ross in wexford service and repair air conditioning. they have a website, i stumbled across there site whilst searching for something else.

hi OP I'd be very interested in any replies or recommendations you get. We have two cars which need doing and I haven't been able to track anyone down in and around Waterford!

SSE

Hi mathepac,it isn't the recirc button left on and I don't think the pollen filter is blocked as it passes my simple test. I turn the fan up high and direct the air out through one face vent then switch from fresh air to recirc and see if there's any noticable drop off in wind output. I think I'll try one of the top-up cannisters from halfords before contacting ace motorfactors.

Success!! I got one of the refill cannisters and gauge in halfords. It was in the green area of the gauge which means it had pressure but was low on refrigerant. Got it topped up to the middle of the blue and its working perfectly. €60, well worth the effort.:D:D

Excellent result - it's good to hear that some things still do what they say on the tin! :)

Back