German Retirement Home investment

pgsats

Can any one help me by giviing me some details about an irish investment Co
that is setting up an investment scheme in german retirement homes?

I was listening to news talk some time back about this, but I did not catch all the details
pgsats :)

Hi

I think you may be taking about one of the Augusta funds - see: [broken link removed] ?

Cheers

G>

Does any one think this would be a good investment ?- the grey german eruo
pgsats

Hi

I looked at this fund quite hard actually, decided not to in the end purely as it was €50k minimum entry and I did not have lots of spare funds to invest, so wanted to diversify, rather than put it all in one pot etc.

Germany, overall, is considered a good "bet" as I have it:

- The Economy is finally on the up (based upon various published reports)

- Central & Influential Country within the EU

- No currency risk for investors from Ireland etc.

Specifally regarding Augusta, I found:

- costs are quite reasonable in comparison to others

- independent operator with a very sold promoter (Declan Kennedy - there is plenty of backgound info. available about him on the web etc) & strong supporting team such as property agents, solicitors etc

- the sector does appeal to me, in terms of the aging population arguement, large operators as tenants etc. Personally, Im always more attracted to practical, day to day service providers such as health care etc rather than IT developers etc (though this is down to personal preferance & the yield on the investment usually reflects the perceived "risk" associated with the type of property, tenant, industry sector etc)

The initial yield is reasonably attractive, given it's commercial tenants in decent locations also.

While the bottom line here, this investment like any other, depends on your personal circumstances, comes with no guarantees etc, I thnk its a reasonably good offering & the way the market is going, it will probably prove more competitive than other fund managers seeking investors in the same marketplace, over the next 12-18 months (ie more fund raisers, more demand for properties, results in higher purchase costs & lower returns etc).

Cheers

G>

Hi

Glad to be of help :) ... though it does not come with any guarantees you understand ;)

Cheers

G>

Back