Key Post Gerkros Woodpecker Pellet Boiler Explained

Hi, does anyone have any ideas on a shutdown sequence that continually takes over an hour?
Thanks

I have a 40kw woodpecker boiler. When it works it is good, but it has more ignition failures than successful ignitions.
I think that this is to do with the programming of the controller.
Does anyone know how to program the controller, and what the menus mean.
Is there any courses on boiler maintenance and controller programming?
Also any idea on where to get the ignition elements on the internet?
All help is appreciated.

Did you find out where to source elements?
Does anyone here have a source for a spare ignition element, I need to find a replacement.

Found: Spare Iginition Elements & Parts

Firstly, great post! Such a relief to find some info on these things and know I'm not alone in my experiences with them. So, I found some parts from a source that I don't think was mentioned here before..

Contacted Woodpecker in the UK, the original manufacturer of the units. While they don't stock parts and advised that their current machines are almost totally different to the older ones they kindly gave me a link to:

Oh, apparently I can't post links yet - (apologies if this is a breach, admins, but theirs is a public site and it's cold at nights)

woodenergysolutions dot co dot uk

--the company that took over parts management for the older models and, thankfully, they have an Irish branch.

Use the Irish phone number listed (it's an 06 prefix, they'll know exactly what you mean when you say Gerkros Woodpecker parts). They've just posted out an element to me for 43 euro and appear to have other parts (fireboards etc) to hand as well.

I'll post back in a couple of days and let ye know how the home service went.

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can shed a little light on my boiler problem. I have a gerkos boiler, and the circulation pump went and the local handyman replaced it. Once it was replaced and everything back to normal, he switched everything back on, only now the boiler control panel won't come on. We can hear the hum of power going to the boiler but the dials are dead. I'm wondering maybe has something blown inside in it? So far the handyman, and two of his handyman friends have looked at it and checked connections and everything, but they can't see the problem. There's an electrician coming at some stage, but it's very cold, and my house has been without heat for nearly 5 days now, so if it's something simple the handymen are over looking that I could do easily myself, please let me know. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. CP

Hi
I am not sure if this would help but there is a button battery in the control panel that I would guess would help hold the memory when the power is off. It takes a while to find it. As far as I remember it is in a black plastic holder. It may be worth a go. I assume you have had a look power coming to the control panel with a meter?? Fuses? There is an add on gumtree for an exstock unused 40kw for €550 in cork

Back