Geothermal working system

kildarebuild

Just before i decide to go with geothermal system after months of research i was hoping that someone who has a system in place for maybe a year at least. Preferably one that has a NIBE heat pump with a vertical borehole! But im not fussy! I wanted to talk - visit this person and hear of any advice he-she might give me...

Or any suggestions that can make it more effiecient. Any help at all would be great. I would even throw in a bottle of whiskey to show my gratitude to the person who would let us (myself & wife) into their house!

Ohhhh Bottle of Whiskey.....:D

but I'm sure you'll find someone a bit closer than mayo.

Hi we're in Galway with a vertical borehole (open loop), the system has been working for about a month, however we haven't moved in yet - next week hopefully! We had to go with the borehole as we have a lot of granite around us and very little soil depth (we're in Connemara).

Hi, Can anyone tell me if you have used Unipipe for geothermal? They seem to be very competitive and good quality but I would love to hear from anyone that has used their system!

Hi Pops (et al)

Do you mind me asking how deep a borehole have you got and do you have more than one (something about that sentence seems wrong!)

and also if you don't mind

how much was the drilling per metre or foot.

The reason I ask is for a 2600sq/ft house we have been asked for 80m hole by 2! That seems to be too much to me

Hi, Can anyone tell me if you have used Unipipe for geothermal? They seem to be very competitive and good quality but I would love to hear from anyone that has used their system!

We used them, found them very professional and quality of there material seemed excellent.

Hi
Our entire house is only 1800 sqft and we only have the geothermal pipes for the downstairs which is about 1000 sqft. Our borehole uses the water as I've said before in an open loop system which means the water is brought up using a pump and runs through the house and brought out and sent towards the lake close by. We have a very high water table and was told this was most suitable for us. To have a closed loop system means that the borehole needs to be very deep so that the earth can warm the water again on the way down, so that it is warm for the journey up. Our borehole is only 100 feet deep, however this is not the norm as far as I know. I believe that to heat a large house using a closed loop system the borehole needs to be 100 - 150 metres deep, so this is probably accurate. I think the going rate is approx. 28euro a metre. This is only for the drilling though.
Hope this helps.

Back