George Hook_Sky Plus Advert

JQ2002

Apparently George Hook's sitting room where he watches telly looks out onto a rugby pitch as if it is right in the stand.

I saw the advert last night and was going Wow, what a great place to have your sitting room!!:)

Anyone else observe this?

Apparently George Hook's sitting room where he watches telly looks out onto a rugby pitch as if it is right in the stand.

I saw the advert last night and was going Wow, what a great place to have your sitting room!!:)

Anyone else observe this?

How do you know it's his house?

There is you know! well ok maybe not a mile or two but certaintly 4 or 5..

I don't know where his house is, but I believe it is in Foxrock. So Seapoint or Blackrock would be the clubs within a one or two mile radius, but not overlooked by any house in Foxrock.

I don't know where his house is, but I believe it is in Foxrock. So Seapoint or Blackrock would be the clubs within a one or two mile radius, but not overlooked by any house in Foxrock.

Have you seen the size of the gardens in Foxrock.;):D

I live in the area and .there are some houses that back on to Stradbrook.
Btw; who said it was his own house anyway,most advertisting companys use other peoples houses..

Last edited:
It is a stupid ad - no doubt he is doing it for a hefty fee. Like Purple I turn it off.

It is a stupid ad - no doubt he is doing it for a hefty fee. Like Purple I turn it off.

You turn off the TV just because George Hook is on it? Is this not a bit childish? Could you perhaps change the channel, mute the sound ?
How long do you leave it off for ?

You guys needs to unHook.

Its only a few years since George was almost crying in Thomond about RTE not being able to show live Heineken Cup due to a non-Irish station taking the rights. I wonder does George remember the TV company involved then???

You turn off the TV just because George Hook is on it? Is this not a bit childish? Could you perhaps change the channel, mute the sound ?
How long do you leave it off for ?

You guys needs to unHook.

I took that to mean that they turn off the ad, not the TV, whenever it comes on, i.e. they switch to another channel. I do the same, can't stand him, he'd put me off getting Sky.

I took that to mean that they turn off the ad, not the TV, whenever it comes on, i.e. they switch to another channel. I do the same, can't stand him, he'd put me off getting Sky.
Yep, I chance channel.
I can't stand Hook on radio or TV; his ego and general lack of knowledge about topics put me off.

..what about Dylan advertising lingerie?surely that must have outraged a few ageing hippies...

daithi

Back