George Hook - over exposure?

lazing

Is anyone else getting a bit fed up of George Hook? I think he's completely over-exposed - you can get too much of a good thing.

I loooooooooooooooooooove George and can't get enough of him. I can hardly bring myself to get out of the car when I get home if he's on the radio. More, more, more.............:D

In my book letting him out of his house in the morning is over exposure. I can't stand him.

I can't stand him either!! And, to the unenlightened around these parts, no one else from Cork ever spoke like that! :eek:

Fast forward to 0:59 in this and you'll hear what he sounds like to me all the time. What a twit!!! :rolleyes:

Why don't RTE, and other TV stations, have a facility on their websites where we, the viewing/paying public, can vote on what presenters we want/don't want to see.

The Ireland v. England Rugby Match was great, apart from the irritating commentary by George Hook, which we switched off/muted.

Eamon Dunphy is another one I can't abide and if there was a 'referendum type' vote, I'm sure he would be off the air.

The Ireland v. England Rugby Match was great, apart from the irritating commentary by George Hook, which we switched off/muted.

If there were a public vote to change RTE's coverage of rugby, I'd be voting for the removal of Tom McGurk before that of George Hook.

I like George on the rugby coverage as he loves starting rows. I find him disappointing on his radio show as he is not as aggressive. I wish he would bring his fiery side more on to the radio, and have more rows with politicians etc.

I must say I actually enjoy quite a bit of his often controversial rugby coverage, but I think his radio show is load of nonsense especially when he decides to provide his economic opinion.

I'd prefer more analysis at halftime and after the game. More examples of what went right/wrong rather than the ego guff from GH.

It's not even analysis. It's just being controversial for the sake of being controversial. Stephen Jones who writes for the Times is the same. Bringing Conor O'Shea in was the best move RTE ever made. I just hope that eventually we find a role for him in Irish sport.

Why don't RTE, and other TV stations, have a facility on their websites where we, the viewing/paying public, can vote on what presenters we want/don't want to see.
We do have this facility. It is called the 'off button'.

We do have this facility. It is called the 'off button'.

All this tells RTE is that a user has either switch stations or turned off their tv, which could be for any reason. Even if it was determined it was down to the quality of the commentary, it would be impossible to determine whether the gripe is with one or more of the 4.

All this tells RTE is that a user has either switch stations or turned off their tv, which could be for any reason. Even if it was determined it was down to the quality of the commentary, it would be impossible to determine whether the gripe is with one or more of the 4.
Actually, it tells them nothing, unless you are one of the sample of houses monitored for the Nielsen surveys.

But really, voting for presenters - come on, let's get real. Life is not the X Factor.

Back