Geo Thermal Hotel

Lak

I have to research for an assignment a renewable energy source for the space heating of a proposed hotel, hospital or University campus. I decided to go with Geo Thermal as it is something I would like to have a greater understanding of. I was just wondering (as I have not been able to determine) if a bore system or shallow coil would be the most viable in the Irish climate) and also if anyone was familiar with any larger scale projects European wide that I could study. Any pointers would be very much appreciated

Many thanks in advance

LAK

how long do you think a network of pipes would be for a shallow coil system to support a hotel, university or hospitals energy requirements??? have you considered the electrical consumption required for such a geo-thermal system? what level of heat load is required v electric load in such buildings?

how long do you think a network of pipes would be for a shallow coil system to support a hotel, university or hospitals energy requirements??? have you considered the electrical consumption required for such a geo-thermal system? what level of heat load is required v electric load in such buildings?

there are a couple of instances where hotels are being serviced by Geo Thermal that I have come across though these are deep bore and into hot spring water so of course not viable in my scenario.
As it is merely a fictional scenario all the detail would not need to be precise, the object being to gain an understanding of the concept so no real necessity to match exact output of the network to specific needs, though somewhere in the ball park to make it feasible would be sensible.
The electrical load and co efficient would be an important factor I need to incorporate as this being the over riding concern in Geo Thermal applications. I could of course go with a more suitable technology like bio mass but as I say I dont want to get to bogged down in the specifics of tailoring a system to very specific working detail, more the deeper understanding of the technology involved

why not pick a building type that suits geothermal? ie low electrical use and no emergency backup generator requirement. a swimming pool comes to mind?

Back