geneva

AKel83

hi, im going to geneva in august with my boyfriend, the trip will be about 10 days and were stayin with a family friend but we'd like to go off for about 4 or 5 nights in the middle of the trip.
We've being looking at maybe getting a train down to lake como but aren't really sure- any ideas??

Certainly stay in the Eurozone area rather than purchase expensive Swiss Francs. Have a look at Annecy in France. If heading to Lake Como, visit Bellagio.

Saw Ronan Keating down there last September, not that's a reason to go there. Shorrry!

hi, im going to geneva in august with my boyfriend, the trip will be about 10 days and were stayin with a family friend but we'd like to go off for about 4 or 5 nights in the middle of the trip.
We've being looking at maybe getting a train down to lake como but aren't really sure- any ideas??
Have you been to Switzerland before? If not, it might be an idea to see something of Switzerland, which is absolutely beautiful, before heading off down to Italy.

It'll take about 6 hours by train to go to Lake Como, only around 3 hours to Lago Maggiore.

Nearby, you've got Montreux and Vevey which are on Lake Geneva and are very nice towns, very popular with tourists. A vist to Gruyere is also a must if you like cheese (lots of small restaurants serving cheese fondue and raclette with the nice glass of white wine), castles and old towns. :)

You're also not far from the wine growing areas, for example Dezaley if you're interested in wine.

You could take a train to Berne, stay a night or so there and then take a train south to Lucerne, stay the night there and then move on to Interlaken ( you can go hiking here or paragliding off the mountains if you're sporty) or south to Ascona / Locarno on the Lago Magggiore.

Hope you have a good trip!

If you like the outdoors you could do a bit of hill walking there. Zermatt is absolutely beautiful village high in the Alps, easy to get there via train.

thanks for the info, I think your right about seeing more of the sights near geneva first- ill check those places you mentioned out. cheers

Back