General Question on tax credits

H

HappyAcid

Hello All!

Im trying to claim back my tax credits for renting last year and i think i have it worked out. just one thing to ask...

I've understand i should have had tax credits of €1650 for last years renting (2006) and should be owed a maximum of €330 back. Question is i only rented from August so was renting for only 5 of the months. Does this mean im only able to claim five 12ths of the credits? Or do i get all the credits for the year?

Hello All!

Im trying to claim back my tax credits for renting last year and i think i have it worked out. just one thing to ask...

I've understand i should have had tax credits of €1650 for last years renting (2006) and should be owed a maximum of €330 back. Question is i only rented from August so was renting for only 5 of the months. Does this mean im only able to claim five 12ths of the credits? Or do i get all the credits for the year?

As long as you have paid €1,650 in rent in the year you will be entitled to the tax credit of €330. If you have paid less than €1,650 just divide the amount you have paid by 5 and that is the tax credit you will be refunded

Back