Gas heating

Hi Lakeview,
Dont have any tank and is a new installation and thus querying about the purchasing of same. I am interested in being tied into a contract. However in your case you have already signed up so might have to pay some fee to get Calor to remove tank.

Did you have a bad experience with Calor ??

clarecelt said:
Hi Lakeview,
I am interested in being tied into a contract.

Did you have a bad experience with Calor ??

Is that a typo - I would have thought the whole point of your own tank is NOT to be tied into a contract.

No specific bad experience with Calor except that along with Flogas they monopolise the market and charge well above the free market price for LPG as have been stated by Heinbloed previously. I would like to get out of my tank / purchase arrangement with Calor purely to avail of free market pricing.

Yes Lakeview that was a typo...

I am hoping to ring a few gas suppliers regarding price of LPG

Where can one get the best deals on LPG ?

The price of 1400GBP seems o.k. even though it's in the upper range- if it's for a 1400l tank and includes placement and regulators and VAT.
The cheapest company for bulk LP gas I came across is Tervas in Cork, Barrack Street,Tel. 021/4317317 . If any one has another bulk LPG delivery company, except for Flogas and Calor, let us know !

Heinbloed,
This is for 2000 litre tank...regarding regulators etc I am not sure but Schneider sell to Calor as well so hopefully can get the same set up as Calor. So tomorrow will be able to get a better estimate on the total price. Of course I will have to organise the delivery and installation..

Do Tervas cover other areas than Cork ??

It would be good to actually ask people what they are paying for LPG as from my little bit of study there seems to be a large variance in price.

The SEI homepage does a fuel comparison sheet every now and then. Thanks heaven I copyed the last one from October 2005, it disapeared thereafter and was replaced with an even more outdated version from April 2005 . Bulk LPG was given on the October sheet with € 0.57 per liter.
I guess the numbers are suplied to the SEI by the two major players Flogas and Calorgas.
I think that because the July sheet (copied as well!) from the first of July 2005 showed a liter price of € 0.51 incl. VAT on the SEI fuel comparison sheet, the data was propably collected the month before. But I paid in June only €0.397 incl. VAT per liter with Tervas. So Calorgas was over 25 % more expensive , charging at the time € 51.47 per liter !!! Flogas, which still wanted to give me their "special rate " , gave me a price of € 0.436 ( 10% more expensive!!). All prices where given to me within the 10 minutes during which I made the calls.
A tank of 2000 liter would put you in an even stronger buyer position to get the best offer, who want's to miss such an order ?
I think Tervas would deliver to other areas as well, home heating is not the only use for LPG , motoring and industry depends on it as well. But better phone and ask yourself.

Just awaiting a quotation from Tervas !!!

Spoke to Calor who indicate that they only supply to their own tanks !! The supplier of the Calor tanks is going to sell a tank to me. This seems a ludicrous setup !!

I wonder if that's legal? Would it come under some sort of restrictive practices legislation?

Hi Berlin,
Should contact director of consumer affairs or Ombudsman... Unfortunately Tervas wont deliver to Clare. Any other companies that provide bulk LPG.

Best that I could get from Flogas is 68cent / litre !!! How does this sound to the gas experts out there...
Thanks

68 cents per litre is expensive, though I haven't bought any since the last half year. Have you checked the yellow/golden pages? If you can't find the bulk LPG deliverys in your version of the yellow/golden pages try the bottled gas suppliers, they get their fillings by the tank load as well and might be able to help you.
Keep in mind that the LP gas mafia is reading this page as well, so they will do everything to be one step beyond .

Hi Lads. Have any of you any more info on this. Currently building my house and will be going with Gas. I want to buy the tank aswell. Not having much luck finding someone to sell it to me though :(

Back