GAS for Patio Heater ?

suicra05

I recently purchased a Patio Heater that runs on propane gas. Propane Patio Gas is hard to find and expensive. A friend told me I could use the normal bottled gas with it. I think this contains a mixture of butane and propane. Does anybody know if I can do this? If so, what affect will it have on the heater?

As a rule I don't mess with anything that might blow up and kill me...

Hi Suicra05

Check out www.calorgas.ie for all you ever wanted to know about gas! You must use propane "patio gas" (grey cylinder), it burns better in low temperatures. As far as I know it costs about the same as the normal butane refill (yellow cylinder). Also the regulator for propane is different, don't know if butane cylinder will work on it. A refill of propane costs me about €24 including VAT and since I got the heater about two months ago I've been having lots of late nights in the garden, drinking too much vino! So I think its worth the cost, especially if you enjoy dining outdoors.

Brother bought one of those propane heaters last year and as carpenter said you need the grey cylinder - as far as I can remember there is a completely different head on the propane connection so that it won't fit the yellow cylinder anyway.

Back