Gas boiler query....

Vertical flueing options should be also looked into to avoid attic installation (just serviced one the other day in an attic, horrible, just horrible)

There is one way around it but it may not be ideal. Move your time clock out to your boiler. the feed out becomes a permanent supply, that runs stairght to boiler, fused ofcourse, and a switch live is taken through the timeclock to boiler.

- Just had house re-wired - the electrician reckoned already a live feed - cable was split in the boiler utility room. He claimed the re-wiring is only to the spure and left the old cable. They cant open Gas boilers and the last bit of cable is the responsibility of the Gas service engineer. Any truth in this?

Continuing from above when I switch off heating I still have a green light on the boiler -surely this would go out if I did not have a live feed. I'm about to get boiler serviced and wonder should I ask the engineer but as I am trying to find out -who's responsible for the wiring to the boiler from the spure?

Just had Boiler serviced and got a Cert 3 form - he told me it's ok and it has a live feed - still find it odd that when you get your full house re-wired the only piece of cable left is belonging to your Gas Boiler - anyway Thanks Davy for clarification.

Back