gas boiler not working

tabatha

woke up this morning to a cold house :-( the heating had come on, but only for a bit. when i looked at the bolier there was no power in it. clock was blank. the light on the fuse was on but there seemed to be no power in the boiler. i call the company who fitted it (3 months ago). they came and he thought it was the fuse, he proceeded to take the fuse from my kettle to try? i was bemused to say the least! anyhow, when he took the front off the boiler it came back on. he said that there wasnt enough flex in the cable to the power. i am having doubts and i feel he doesnt seem to know a lot. he put it back on and then said it was fine. what got me though is that my boiler has been loosing presure. i have been on at the for ages to try and get it sorted, when he came today as he was leaving he said to me that he noticed that some vent thing on top of the boiler was slightly open. this could have been causing pressure loss. any ideas as i dont know what to do. although its currently working i dont want a case of my 12 gaurentee to expire and the boiler to pack in due to silly problems that could have been fixed.

thanks.

Hi Tabatha,

Having no luck with that boiler/installer.

Just so you know. you have a warranty on the boiler. If the boiler has a problem the boiler maker will send someone out. If the boiler is ok but there is a fault with installation. You will get billed for the service call out.

Your installer should stand over his installation for 1 year.

On the pressure thing, I have my doubts about leak sealer but have recently purchased a bottle for a Swedish crowd that is meant to be very good. I will try it and let you know how I get on. It is quite expensive though compared to other sealers on the market.

its been a nightmare davy as you know! i was told that fernox was good and should try this. what do you think? will be interested to here about the other stuff.

Hi Tabatha,

Having no luck with that boiler/installer.

Just so you know. you have a warranty on the boiler. If the boiler has a problem the boiler maker will send someone out. If the boiler is ok but there is a fault with installation. You will get billed for the service call out.

Your installer should stand over his installation for 1 year.

On the pressure thing, I have my doubts about leak sealer but have recently purchased a bottle for a Swedish crowd that is meant to be very good. I will try it and let you know how I get on. It is quite expensive though compared to other sealers on the market.

Back