Gary Neville story on Newstalk: How is he "changing the face of football punditry"?

dockingtrade

Hi, Just wondering was anyone listening to Newstalk this evening. I was listening and they said coming up how gary Neville is changing the face of football puntidry. Just wondering what they were on about

There was an article in the Sunday Times about it at the weekend. Neville apparently isn't pulling any punches when it comes to criticising players or managers etc as opposed to the usual banalities you usually hear on Sky. Andre Villa-Boas was particularly put out when Neville likened David Luis to a "player being controlled by a 10 yo on a Playstation"!

Considering the article was written by Rod Liddle, I am not sure he should take it as a compliment! I think he is very impressive for his first year in the job. He is already streets ahead of the rest of them on sky sports.

Agreed, he's excellent. As a Manchester City supporter I was waiting to have my expectations fulfilled, but he was very fair in his commentary on the Chelsea game and had so much more insight than the rest of them put together.

Hey folks, anyone ever hear of.....oh what are their names again.....oh yeah Giles & Dunphy? (bow your heads)

It does bother me that he called man united "we" though!!! Remain neutral please !!!
To be fair he tells it how it is.

Hey folks, anyone ever hear of.....oh what are their names again.....oh yeah Giles & Dunphy? (bow your heads)

They're not on SKY or the BBC or ITV. The attention that Gary Neville is getting is because he stands out in contrast to the blandness of Alan Shearer, Jamie 'literally' Redknapp, and the rest.

Roy Keane got attention for slagging off Manchester United players last week, but that sort of objective criticism / analysis should be norm, not the exception.

Back