Garden Seat Ends

Marco 1972

Any advice where l could get 'ends' for a garden seat as l need to customise it to a specific size, all the usual places seem only to have kit seats.

thanks

Call around a few salvage yards and they might have some where the timbers have broken. But don't expect them to be cheap - the timber will be cheapest part.

Of you could buy one and recut the timbers to the length you need.

Can't imagine much demand for them without everything included in your typical DIY / Garden Centres.

You'll see them on Adverts a bit, but if they're out of the kit versions you get here, just be careful putting too much weight in them. You'll also see them on eBay, but typically being shipped from Poland or Germany so the shipping might be more than they cost. Plenty of choice of styles though.

Yeah, most people don't need custom length benches so volume is minimal making it cheaper in many cases to buy a complete bench and customise to your needs.

Getting and machining decent hardwood isn't within everyone's reach either. If you're looking for shorter than what's available, perhaps buy a complete bench and shorten to your needs. If you're looking at longer, you may need to consider adding a centre support.

I had what you’re looking for a few years back. The wood had rotten away. The cast iron ends were the only salvageable parts. I just took them to the disposal centre. I’d say you could find what you want, but it could take a long time.

We used an old school desk. Just the irons (ends), and cut the timbers to the required lengths. Cut timber squares 12" approx and attached them to the ends of the irons where the desk part use to be. Perfect for the cup of coffee or the glass of wine

The OP is in Dublin. Might find some within 5k or even have them delivered.

Back