garden pebble

Ned_ie

hi all

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a place to get pebble at a reasonable cost in cork. I need about 2 tonne of light gold/sandstone colored pebble to finish garden - let me know thanks

A

Re: garden pebble - where to find in cork

Hi Ned

Check out the following [broken link removed], the reason I mention them is because my neighbour purchased his stones there for his garden after I had purchased mine by the bag load from a garden centre (much more expensive).

Hope its of some help, by the way, he had his own trailer.

Regards

Hizzy

Please post in the correct forum.
Leo

I would suggest going to any sandstone quarry with a trailer as being the cheapest option. Even JAW's DIY centre is very expensive. Whereabouts are you located in Cork?

Hi

My neighbour got a ton of stones for 75 euro excluding VAT, that was last summer though, he went to the quarry in Mallow.

Regards

Hizzy

Hi

My neighbour got a ton of stones for 75 euro excluding VAT, that was last summer though, he went to the quarry in Mallow.

Regards

Hizzy

This actually seems very expensive. If using sandstone gravel, then river-washed 20mm gravel is quite adequate and could be got far cheaper than this in a quarry rather than in a garden centre which will always charge a premium.

Sorry Hizzy, just re-read your post, that your neighbour did go to a quarry. Still seems very expensive.

Back