Garda Vetting Confusion

Tessi

I am in the process of looking for work in the social care area. I have applied for a part-time job about 8 weeks ago, got it but am now waiting for the garda clearence to come through.

I am going for an interview with an agency tomorrow in the hope of getting more part-time work which I can do along side my other job. The agency want me to bring along €20 in order to speed up the vetting process.

First of all, my first applicaton should be soon available so do I really need to have to go through the whole process for another organisaton. If the answer is yes then does anyone understand why paying speeds up the process. I'd appreciate any advise on this matter thanks a million.

It might be the case that the organisation have an arrangement with the vetting unit to get quick clearance by contributing to overtime? Just a speculation.

Is this a recruitment agency? As far as I know from the gaa process there is no fee at all and link above upholds this. The 20 euro will go straight into the coffers of the agency.

Ask them how it will speed up the process?

Is this a recruitment agency? As far as I know from the gaa process there is no fee at all and link above upholds this. The 20 euro will go straight into the coffers of the agency.

Ask them how it will speed up the process?

+1

I've worked in a couple of areas where some staff require vetting - never charged a fee and dont see how one would speed up the process.

I've been through this process this year. I can't remember if I paid a fee but I had to organise the UK side of things myself and this involved a small fee.

I know however that you need to get clearance for every organisation that requires it. I needed it for my volunteer organisation, if I volunteered to work with the scout association (for example) I'd have to have separate clearance done for them. I did hear that once you've been through the system once, subsequent clearances happen quicker. Some of my friend have been "cleared" two or three times.

Back