Garage scratched my car

Angrygirl

I bought a car 7 weeks ago and the radio wasn't working, nither were the dashboard lights so the guy i bought it from said drop it in and he'd get it sorted out for me..
After having the car for a week and messing me round alot I got it back yesterday only to discover the radio still not working, the dash lights still not working and there is a scratch on the side and my drivers window is not working..
Called the guy back and he said it wasn't the garage that done this and hung up on me!!!!!

Advice please please please!!!!!

and there is a scratch on the side
Called the guy back and he said it wasn't the garage that done this and hung up on me!!!!!
Unfortunately, it looks like your word against his, unless you can prove he did it. Will be very difficult to get a satisfactory resolution IMO.

Lucky it wasn't a main dealer I would have had to listen to all the usual crap about service in main dealers.

Bring the car back to him and ask for your money back, did you get a reciept? Is he vat registered? What document's did you sign when you bought the car?

Were these things not working when you bought it or have they developed while you own it?

Lucky it wasn't a main dealer I would have had to listen to all the usual crap about service in main dealers.

Actually Mr2, believe or not, I for one was asking because I thought that the OP's experience would be unusual for a main dealer. :D

yes i got a receipt and he is VAT registered, I signed a document with the details of the car and the details of the car i traded in.. The radio was not working straight away and he said he'd have to get the code for me, after three weeks of me ringing he said "oh just bring it in and i'll fit a new one i cant get the code for you"
The dashboard lights i noticed that evening when it got dark, i rang him the next day about it and he said it was just the bulb and he'd get that sorted when he was doing the radio!!
Just feel i've been robbed.. i gave him 9k and a 4k car for this car!!

I got a 01 Mini.. but with all the problems i'm havin with him i think he's a bit of a gangster to be honest

Mr2. I do not understand your post re the Main dealers, and as if they would do anything wrong. I took my car to a Main dealer for achange of battery (under warranty). The car was in perfect condition going in to the Garage, but als when I took it away, I heard a rattle, going down the road. I stopped to see what the rattle was and the car had been pranged, whilst the job was being done. I pointed this out and I was told the car was in this condition when I drove in. Luckily I noticed they had CCTV, and I demanded they inspected the car when I drove in and again when they took it for a Test Drive. Well they agreed at a push that the car had been damaged whilst on Test Drive and after much arguing, they agreed to repair the car, only after I made a complaint to the Importers. So, don't tell me that Main Dealers are *************************. If I hadn't noticed the CCTV, they would of got away with causing the damage. And I have spent an enormours amount of money on cars in the same Garage since this incident, and not a word of apology from the owner of the Garage, then or since or now.

And the same car was due to be recalled for Catylitic Converters exchange. Of course the Garage or Importers were I bought the car did not advise me, although it was a design fault. So I took it to a Main Dealer, as the rattle was terrible, who charged me and when I complained to the Importers thet acted dumb and told me I should have known and they could not get me my money back. So if anybody thinks Main Dealers are honest and straighforward, think again. Putting it simply they are cousins of Estate Agents.

And I have spent an enormous amount of money on cars in the same Garage since this incident, and not a word of apology from the owner of the Garage, then or since or now.
Why would you spend a large amount of money at a garage where you had received this kind of treatment?

A couple of reasons. The garage where I purchased the car originally was 1.5 hours from where I was living then and even further now. Saying that their attitude stinks. But alas I work on price and nothing else. The garage I took the car for the catalitic converters was near where I lived at the time and they are relatively honest. They checked the matter with the Importers and were not told of the recall. Now the garage where I live now that crashed the car just happen to be near where I live now. Saying that the prices and trade ins are good.

Back