Gab Barbecue Burner Connection

kasko

Hi,

I got a gas barbecue in Dunnes and only put it together yesterday. I haven't got a gas bottle yet, however, I am concerned about burner's connection to gas controls on the front panel.

Basically, there are two pipes on the gas burner itself that should connect to two smaller pipes that are again connected to gas controls on the front panel.

I connected these pipes, it's not a very strong grip either and I can clearly see from underneath that gas could go out because there are holes on the bottom side of the gas burner pipes. These holes obviously should be there as manufactured, but I can easily see from underneath where exactly the front panel pipes end.

I have never had a gas bbq before, so I am just wondering if this is normal. Perhaps under pressure the gas will be pushed into the gas burner pipes rather than go out, which is logical. I am just concerned that the connnection is not right.

Any views would be much appreciated.

Thanks

What have Dunne's got to say?

If I understand this correctly "holes on the bottom side of the gas burner pipes" they are to allow air flow to the burners.

I have not been to Dunnes since I only put it together last night. You are probably right that the holes are to allow air flow to the burners

Back