GAA match tickets---help

suzie duff

:D im looking for tickets for sunday week, leitrim has got through to the final for teh tommy murphy cup, which is great news. Leitrim will be playing before the dublin game....which means it will be so hard to get tickets..

its been years since letrim have been in Croke park and it would be great to see them. my brother is coming from teh USA to see them ( how sad are we!)
any ideas where to get them?????

Re: match tickets---help

Leitrim County Board should get an allocation (small)-contact someone you know in a GAA club and see if they can help. Or someone you know in whatever county are playing Dublin.

An allocation did go on sale on Ticketmaster (according to www.boards.ie) before the last Dublin game (Friday maybe?).

According to the GAA (www.gaa.ie) there will be no public sale of tickets from Parnell or Croke Park. I presume (altho' its always better not to presume!) that ticketmaster.ie is a public sale point. Your best bet is the Leitrim County Board. (And BTW if you can apply for two for me as well, I will shout Leitrim on 'til I'm hoarse :D and obviously pay you for them as well!) the scramble is on........................

Aren't they going to go onsale on Ticketmaster (http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18003D01AAB4B783?artistid=950705&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=229 (here)) once they know which team will be playing Dublin?

For the last Dublin game, our county board started sales at 5pm on Thurs; but you could easily get tickets from Ticketmaster on the Wednesday before. The only problem was the ticketmaster tickets were in quite bad locations (Upper Cusack and Upper Hogan only).

Nose bleed tickets, Row Y Upper Cusack we ended up with! you would be dizzy walking up to the seats

70euro they were looking for for the dublin westmeath match, thats a joke

:eek: i will try ticket master on wednesday, its only the leitrim game i want to see!!
its a long time since i was there last to see them playing! i suppose i could watch the dubs playing too!!

Wouldn't touch this crowd with a barge-poll. No postal address, no contact details, and only a mobile phone number to be called. Breaks almost every rule of safe online shopping.

:eek: i will try ticket master on wednesday, its only the leitrim game i want to see!!
its a long time since i was there last to see them playing! i suppose i could watch the dubs playing too!!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dublin ticket allocation nightmare

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dublin fans are set for the mother and father of ticket scrambles ahead of the All-Ireland SFC semi-final in Croke Park on August 27.

The Dublin County Board's allocation will be 20,000 which means that clubs allocation will be dramatically cut from what they received for the quarter-final and Leinster semi-final and quarter-final. Also there will be NO public sale of tickets from Parnell Park or Croke Park.

Dublin have had over 60,000 fans at each of their last three games - the attendances at those games were 79,190 (v Westmeath, All-Ireland quarter-final), 67,970 v (Offaly, Leinster final), 81,754 (v Laois, Leinster semi-final).

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If ticketmaster get tickets there will be war,can't see it happening.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do you not have any relations in Leitrim ?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Or ring the leitrim county board tell them you have a long lost culchie coming home,any tickets going nod nod ;) ;) !.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

:D i am from Leitrim but living in dublin....my brother in usa has i hope a few good contacts....it wold just be nice to see them....but ill try ticket master anyway and talk all nice to a few people!!

deal with needaticket.net and never have had a problem excellent service

That's obviously your prerogative. Based on normal recommended rules for operating on the internet, detailed [broken link removed], [broken link removed] or here, this site wouldn't make me feel confident at all to do business with them.

Plus, tickets are at least twice the price of normal ticket costs for any of the events I've looked at. Why would you pay so much when you can get them at "normal" cost from other outlets?

getting good tickets would be my perogative ticketmaster have the worst tickets

Sunday, August 27th
Dublinv Mayo/Laois (Semi-Final 4pm) Louth v Leitrim (T Murphy Cup final 2pm) Roscommon v Meath (Minor 12.30pm)
There will be no sale of tickets for these games from the GAA Ticket Office, the GAA website or Ticketmaster. Tickets will only be available through clubs and county board sources in the participating counties.

http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/matchfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=14312

Another enterprising journalist picked up something from AAM with their little piece on the above alleged rip-off ticket website in the Sunday Tribune last week.

Back