Future risks in mortgage acceptance if signing onto welfare allowance for a short period

fozziedabear

Hi

Quick ?

I'm currently a sole trader but have been going through a separation with my wife for the past while. The work understandably has dried up, and I wasn't as focused as I should have been on it because of the maelstrom I've just gone through.

I have 4 children, and am in need of advice, as I am currently looking and seeking employment as a necessity at this stage, but need to sign on for a month or so to help get through this period.

Before I sign on though, a thought occurred to me: I am not sure if in the far-far away future it might have an impact on a mortgage application, if i had signed on. I can't imagine why this would be the case or you would be penalised like this, but I guess it's no harm in checking.

Anybody know anything about this or come across this before?

Thanks in advance..

Banks have no way of knowing if you were ever on the dole and even if they did it shouldn't impact their decision to offer a mortgage.

In my experience all the bank require in relation to your employment upon application is;
  1. evidence your job is permanent
  2. a salary cert
  3. your last 3 pay slips
All the best with the job hunt

As above, banks won't know about any social welfare payments automatically. They will be more interested in your income and past credit rating.

Back