Wrong forum 'Further Charge' on 2nd Property????

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lou Marie

My husband and I received a letter from our solicitor today informing us that the Building society have instructed them that they require a 'condition of a loan offer made in 2005 to be compiled with,which said Condition indicates that a Cross Collateral Chaarge must be granted over our family home for the dration of the morgage held over our 2nd property'. The family home ws built in 1997 and has a small morgage of 35,000 left!

They point out that another solicitor acted on our behalf when we bought the 2nd property but they acknowledge that a further charge must be registered against the family home.

We were never aware that there was a cross collateral charge on our family home and are very adamant that we requested that at the time but apparently we have signed a letter of offer with this clause in.

I must point out that both morgages are NOT in arrears and have never been. We cannot understand why this letter has suddenly arrived and why we have to 'sign' again for something we allegedly signed for before?

Will this new solicitor also charge a packet to do this if we have to resign something( which I cannot get my head around)???

Help really can't understand this after 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back