Furniture Removal van in North Dublin

sully

Does anyone know of /recommend a person that does furniture removal? Moving between Donabate and Malahide.

At the risk of sounding obvious (!) Try ringing your local furniture stores to see what delivery company they use. The ones that come to mind straight away are Harvey Norman & also Frank McGowans. Then contact the delivery company directly and negotiate a day's rate.
HTH
Otherwise if you're good and healthy & know some hefty men who wouldn't mind doing a couple of hours hard graft as a favour, hire a van from Avis/Hertz or suchlike & do it yourself.

Quotes for removal start at around 800-1000 e plus insurance etc. I checked this all out recently. There are a few different sites listed on www.myhome.ie. They will all supply quote by email/phone. In the end we just hired a van from a crowd up near the airport for the day. With insurance it worked out about 160e for a large transit for the day.

We used Upak/wemove found in the yellow pages. They packed up a four bedroom house in one hour 30 minutes and moved us 30 miles absolutely hassle free. Couldn't believe it!! 450 euros and we didn't have to do a thing except have (mostly) everything ready to go. They were absolutely fabulous, very professional and considering (other) professional removal companies charge 3,000 to pack and move or 2,000 just to move your packed stuff - we were absolutely chuffed with the price - and the service. They even placed all the boxes and furniture in the rooms requested with no stress, no bother. Would definitely recommend them. Don't think they are known at all on this site as I tried to find similar here when we did it and found them ourselves.

Sully, there's one man I know who does a lot or this type of work, he's based in Clontarf though, he was working with one of the big courier firms but has semi-retired. If you want I can pass on his number to you.

There's a firm in the industrial park on Jamestown Road in Finglas, can't recall the name but they were great - cheap, professional and very accomodating to my ever changing moving dates! Much, much less stressful than DIY.

Sarah

www.rea.ie

Hello,

We used a firm called "Alan Removals" ........ not the large firm "Allen Removals". His mobile is 087-2562108.
We found him to be Very Very efficient and well priced. We were also moving in the North Dublin region.

Zico.

Back