Furnishing apt. in Budapest

csmd

I am ready to furnish a 1 bedroom apt. in District XI which is approx. 20 mins. by tram from city centre.I see a few people recommend furnishing to a high standard and I am wondering would that advise still be the case awith the apt.so far out and with rents in the area approx. 300 EUR.
If this is the case what type of furnishing would people suggest and what shops would they recommend

Go to Ikea. Take a few days and do it yourself, will save you money. Agencies charge silly money for doing it.
Put in nice stuff though, no garbage. Ikea do good and bad stuff in my experience. Pick the best of it.

Where is the apartment exactly? I'd also recommend the higher-end furniture in IKEA and possibly some accessories from designer shops, perhaps in the Material Center in District XIII. The other main options in Budapest are KIKA and Domus, both of which sell mostly outdated/expensive furniture.

The apt. is in white castle development which is near the end of the no.6 tram line.Apt. is approx 42sq.m. How much would i expect to pay to furnish it? There is a kitchen installed already but no electrical appliances.I think IKEA is close by so chances are I will do it myself.Thanks for the replies.

A lot of Irish investors bought in this development. You'll need around 5000-6000 euro including electrical applicances for a high quality fit out. IKEA is not that close, but they do deliver and assemble. Material Center in District XIII is good for designer accessories. Is the kitchen of reasonable quality or just a very basic whitish unit? I'd recommend doing the job properly and make your apartment better than the competition. Have you been in touch with a management company in relation to rental estimates and how popular these apartments are at the moment?

The kitchen is basic but quite nice looking.As regards rent I have looked on websites at apts. in the same area and it seems to vary from 50000huf to 80000huf.The management agency that was recommended when buying the apt. seem to have trouble answering their phone so can anybody recommend another agency.I also have a 90m2 classical apt. in district XIII that I have with Casarro but this isn't letting well so i was hoping to give the two apts. to one agency.

Why don't you try CE Invest Group they are quite reliable I had only good experiences with them. GT

Back