Funds with no early encashment charges

dublinman

Now that EBS have introduced early encashment charges, is anyone aware of companies (other than quinn life) that do not levy early encashment charges for lump sum unit linked fund type / index tracker investments?

Re: No Early Encashment Charges

can be arranged through a discount execution only broker (possibly for a fee) so that the normal early encashment fees are waived.

Re: No Early Encashment Charges

Don't the funds offered by Rabo Direct offer no encashment charges?

0.75% on entry and 0.75% again on exit (and not just for the first few years) in addition to the annual management fee of 0.7%-2% - i.e. 1.5% of your money gone if you invest and withdraw immediately (if that was technically possible). Not a very attractive [broken link removed] in my opinion. And you have to work out the taxes yourself...

Indeed-the entry and exit charges are levied regardless however, i.e. there is no 'early' encashment charge as such.

I wouldn't recommend Rabo over QL purely on a charging basis myself, and although Rabo offer a wider range of funds, QL's offerings should be adeqaute for most 'armchair' investors and the fact they look after the tax is also a plus.

But the OP did ask of alternatives to QL.....

Irish Life might be worth looking at as well, but you could be cutting off your nose to spite your face as their other charges are at the higher end of the scale.

RaboDirect does not charge early encashment penalties. Customers can sell part of a fund or all of their fund whenever they like. Our charging structure is quite clear and transparent:[broken link removed]

Nor do we charge bid/offer spreads or addtional fees buried in the small print. What you see is what you get.

Comparing Quinn Life and funds offered by RaboDirect is like comparing apples and oranges. QL offer index funds that are passively managed - they aim to track an index. RaboDirect funds are all actively managed by their fund managers. This is not meant to be a criticism of QL of their funds but we feel that investors, be they novice or more sophisticated investors, should know the difference.

Regards,
RaboDirect

Comparing Quinn Life and funds offered by RaboDirect is like comparing apples and oranges. QL offer index funds that are passively managed - they aim to track an index. RaboDirect funds are all actively managed by their fund managers. This is not meant to be a criticism of QL of their funds but we feel that investors, be they novice or more sophisticated investors, should know the difference.
Personally, in this case I would prefer apples over oranges! :D

Back