Funding for education support.

peteroneillj

Ive been doing nothing over past few days but thinking about what to do next year. My prefeered option is to do a postgrad in Accounting/finance which is what I always wanted to do. I believe I would have to do a conversion course as my degree was in Business Studies/Management. But Im really worried about funding. I have been receiving social welfare since last July but im not sure how to fund my course (have already applied to Uni of Ulster for postgrad in accounting, UCC for higher diploma in accounting/corporate finance, and dit for postgrad in accounting).

The main problem is I already hold a Postgraduate qualification so even though I am entitled under all under catregories Im stuck as both the higher education grant and BTEA cant be claimed if you already have a postgrad level course. I dont want to just sit back claiming social welfare waiting for the economy to improve and if could get funding would def do another course but not sure how id get the funding to live off each week as n part time jobs around either. Any help very much appreciated.

Back