Full replumb

Graceymay

Hi all

First time poster so any help will be so appreciated!!
I bought a 1970s house that had no heating system(there was oil but it stopped working 5 years previous) its a 110m2 semi detached 3 bed house. I have gotten a quote of 11k to install 8 radiators a combi boiler replace all pipework move 2 rads to different locations piping for a washing machine.

Splitting a utility room in 2 and creating a bathroom which will have a shower and toilet and sink(which i will provide) he is providing the partition and door for this bathroom and also insulating it and paying the tiler but ill be suppling tiles and grout. He
Is also ripping out the bathroom upstairs and plumbing in a bath a new sink and a toilet. I will be providing these and he is including the tiling labour in this. He is also insulating this bathroom

Hes also removing the old boiler which is in an outside toilet and taking away all the waste.

Is this an OK price as he does come highly recommended.

Based on any plumbing work I've had done it doesn't sound unreasonable, it's one of the more expensive trades.

One thing I'd highly recommend, as it's missing from your list, is to plumb and cable for a smart thermostat (Nest etc) to control the heating. Ideally one for upstairs and one for downstairs.

The correct order for such work is
airtightness
insulation
heating controls
heating system

Anything else leads to waste.

putting in new rads and not exploring a heat pump solution is not a good approach.
piecemeal insulation of new rooms is not a good approach.

Is there 100% new pipework?
Is he removing the cold water tank and taking feeding the boiler from the mains: another bad idea.

putting in new rads and not exploring a heat pump solution is not a good approach.
piecemeal insulation of new rooms is not a good approach.

Hi Branz, would you recommend a Heat Pump instead of the boiler?

Back