Fuel Prices

How about the cost of depreciation ?
Since its a 5 year old second-hand EV the previous Owner took the big hit. Our intention is to keep this car as a second car at least another 5 years. Depreciation is unavoidable on all cars expect a banger but then the maintenance bills start to ramp up. Like I said car Ownership is not cheap in this country but a second-hand EV currently makes it a bit better.

Since its a 5 year old second-hand EV the previous Owner took the big hit. Our intention is to keep this car as a second car at least another 5 years. Depreciation is unavoidable on all cars expect a banger but then the maintenance bills start to ramp up. Like I said car Ownership is not cheap in this country but a second-hand EV currently makes it a bit better.
And the battery lifetime.? Any details on make/ model and price paid. Interesting idea and thought.
That said I know of an Eclass merc 220d 80km, 2011 on sale for 7grand in a merc dealers. So that's very very cheap driving for 5-10 yrs before heat engine cars become obsolete

And the battery lifetime.? Any details on make/ model and price paid. Interesting idea and thought.
That said I know of an Eclass merc 220d 80km, 2011 on sale for 7grand in a merc dealers. So that's very very cheap driving for 5-10 yrs before heat engine cars become obsolete
After 5 years it's at 90% on leafspy, so expecting it to still be at 80% by 10 years old. Realistically it should be more as the previous Owner did more mileage per year than we will (even post covid). Price-wise a top-spec 5 year old leaf you should be aiming at the 10k mark. A diesel was not an option for us due to this car being solely used for short journeys.

After 5 years it's at 90% on leafspy, so expecting it to still be at 80% by 10 years old.

Nissan's aim is for 70% after 10 years. Plenty of horror stories online of others who thought that too only to be asked for big money for replacement batteries, but there are many stories of decent battery lifespan too since the first gen models.

He got an awful easy time on Irish radio and was never asked a hard question. I often wondered was it because the radio stations were in 'an arrangement' with the AA.

What did he actually do?
He often spome out for the motorists, when levies and taxes were being increased, or fuel prices were increasing beyond what seemed appropriate etc. I'm sure you'll find some info online.

Back