fuel prices

Mike_C

Hi just read this in todays indo

"IRISH people like the idea of more 'green' energy, but don‘t want to give up their cars, no matter what the cost. ..................In fact, even if fuel prices were almost doubled to €2 per litre, Irish motorists admit they would use their cars just as often. Just 13pc of Irish people said it would make a difference to their habits."

just wondering how much are you willing to pay for petrol/diesel before the car would be permanently parked or at least significant changes made to driving habits. I know I felt it was becoming easier to walk to the shop when I was paying 1.20 a litre earlier this year

The garage owners will be delighted to hear that. :)

I wonder which one will be first to jack up the prices.

Yes I have to admit that nothing would really stop me using my car........but that is because the bus routes etc where i live are awful.
If public transport was better I would defo use my car less if it was more expensive.
But as it is........I would have to pay whatever it takes.

Unfortunately I live 30 odd miles from work very much in the countryside. There are no bus routes near me so I would have to use my car.

However, I am pretty annoyed at variation in prices. In Newmarket and Kanturk prices are 99.9 yet in Cork City and north east county they are about 109.9+!

I think I'd be working from home if prices went over 1.40 though!

Back