Fuel consumption of a toyota corrola 02

Treefrog2108

hey. Does anyone know how many miles 20 euro will get you in a 02 totota corrola petrol 1.4?
My petrol seems to be being used up awfully quickly lately.

hey. Does anyone know how many miles 20 euro will get you in a 02 totota corrola petrol 1.4?
My petrol seems to be being used up awfully quickly lately.
somewhere around 100 to 130 miles might be less the past week with the current climate conditions

Lets say your car consumption is 35 miles per gallon .

Petrol is 1.34c per litre = €6.09 per gallon

Therefore €20 is 3.28 gallons .

35 Miles per gallon x 3.28 gallons = 114.80 miles

You will drive 114.80 miles on € 20

To check your miles per gallon , you should fill the car with petrol . Drive about 50 miles round trip .
Come back to exact spot and fill the car again .

The amount of petrol you now put into your car divided by the number of miles you drive , will calculate your mpg

Allthedoyles, while I admire the time you took to answer the OP's question I have to ask why did you revert to an imperial system that we have not used for 10 years or so.

Even in your calculations you went from metric to imperial.

Now, please understand I am not in any way slagging, but I am of the age that learnt imperial in school but even I now use metric. :)

Allthedoyles, while I admire the time you took to answer the OP's question I have to ask why did you revert to an imperial system that we have not used for 10 years or so.

Even in your calculations you went from metric to imperial.

Now, please understand I am not in any way slagging, but I am of the age that learnt imperial in school but even I now use metric. :)

I thought the majority still used miles and gallons , but I am probably wrong again . ( nothing new there ! )

Anyway I cannot work it out in metric , as I also came from the ''old school of thought '' . !

Would be difficult for the op to do it in metric seeing as its an 02 car which has a mph speedo......unless its a jap import.... Anyway I prefer the aul imperial myself!!

I had one of those cars and my fuel consumption was 39MPG on short round town trips and 44MPG on longer trips as long as I didn't go over 60. Best fuel consumption will be got driving at about 45 MPH in this car.

Would be difficult for the op to do it in metric seeing as its an 02 car which has a mph speedo......unless its a jap import.... Anyway I prefer the aul imperial myself!!

+1 KM/litre just doesnt mean anything in my head!

I thought the majority still used miles and gallons , but I am probably wrong again . ( nothing new there ! )

Anyway I cannot work it out in metric , as I also came from the ''old school of thought '' . !
like all of us i persume you buy your fuel by the litre so how do get miles per gallon and not miles per litre

KM/litre just doesnt mean anything in my head!

Nor in mine, initially, but if you keep at it, eventually it does kick in and starts to mean something.

What helped me, is that my car gives me a readout of fuel consumption in litres per 100Km.

Right , so if your car is doing 39mpg as stated above , it means that your car is driving 8.5 miles per litre .

Therefore €20 of petrol will take you 126 miles .

Back