FTB Stamp Duty

Husssy

Apologies if this has been covered previously tried the search engine. My girlfriend and I are considering buying a house jointly. I am not a FTB but this would be her first home. What are the implicatione, are we considered FTB, i presume the worst and say we are not.

If you buy jointly, you will both be classed as owner occupiers or investors adn will pay stamp duty if applicable at the appropriate rate.

This is from Revenue

What is the position where the purchase monies are not provided entirely by the first time buyer?
To qualify for the relief the entirety of the purchase monies, including any borrowings, must be provided by the first time buyer. Any person, who provides part of the purchase monies or who is a party to any borrowings relating to such purchase, is also regarded as a buyer of the house and the relief will not be available unless that other person is also a first time buyer. …
mf

Hi just looked at article on stamp duty in myhome.ie, the house in question is a new build and it is 118sq m, therefore it is under 125 sq m,does this mean no stamp duty?

Yes - if you are owner occupiers, no stamp duty. If you are investors, then yes, stamp duty will be payable.

mf

Back