FSPO Timeframes

FinancialQ

I have lodged a complaint with the FSPO in October 2021 (investigation stage). Does anyone know what the time frame is for my case to be allocated to someone. I assume it's fairly long but would like some kind of idea on what to expect.

There are many stages.
1) Lodge your complaint
2) Attempted mediation
3) Investigation and decision

You can't be at 1) and 3) at the same time unless you specifically refused mediation.

Brendan

Hi Brendan, Yes I went through stage 1 and 2 to no avail and so have moved to stage 3 last October but my case hasn't been assigned to anyone yet. Just wondering how long this might take as I know it can take a considerable amount of months. Any idea?

stage 3 last October but my case hasn't been assigned to anyone yet. Just wondering how long this might take as I know it can take a considerable amount of months.
For me it took about three months (non-tracker, between three and five years ago).

Not sure what up-to-date timelines are. I've read reports of a big increase in complaints volumes.

Would anyone know how long it takes for a decision by the FSPO from the time that they have all the information and both parties have said they have nothing else they wish to submit.

Have you moved to adjudication stage?
You will receive a letter (sometimes by email) from your case handler informing you that your case has moved to formal adjudication and advising you of prospective timeframe. This happens fairly immediately after both parties say they have no further submissions to make.

How long in adjudication depends on whether your complaint is tracker related or not.
Tracker adjudication is taking 12 - 18 months at the moment. For some; longer than that.
For non-tracker related cases I'm told it's taking 6-12 months but sometimes less.

Thanks for that, it's not tracker related so hopefully it won't take 18 months. They sure are long timeframes, I was hoping it wouldn't be so long but I assume they are a short staffed as every other business in the country. I may just sit tight and wait so.

Back