FSPO Solicitor Recommendation

Hi Hopeful

You should set out the facts of the case and it would be much easier for others to advise.

It's hard to imagine a situation where A & B have a loan and B is impacted by the bank's behaviour but A is not. Maybe in practice, if it's in reality B's loan and they just added A so as to get the loan.

But I cannot imagine any situation where the Ombudsman would hear a case taken by B and not A.

The borrower is "A&B" . They must both take the case.

If A is not prepared to sign the complaint, then drop it.

Brendan

Hi Brendan,

I’m sorry I’ve been so scant with the detail.

Basically the co-borrower (sibling) took out an equity release without my knowledge or consent. I told the bank I didn’t agree or request this and asked that they put it into a separate loan in his name only. The equity was also paid into an account in his name only. They refused and said it was done ‘on a single party authority’, all requests to date on the mortgage have required both our signatures so I don’t understand why this didn’t. There is nothing in the mortgage to say this is possible and when I requested my file none of the paperwork regarding the equity release was included as only related to the co-borrower.

It has been going on over a year now and it’s very frustrating.

Hi Brendan,

I’m sorry I’ve been so scant with the detail.

Basically the co-borrower (sibling) took out an equity release without my knowledge or consent. I told the bank I didn’t agree or request this and asked that they put it into a separate loan in his name only. The equity was also paid into an account in his name only. They refused and said it was done ‘on a single party authority’, all requests to date on the mortgage have required both our signatures so I don’t understand why this didn’t. There is nothing in the mortgage to say this is possible and when I requested my file none of the paperwork regarding the equity release was included as only related to the co-borrower.

It has been going on over a year now and it’s very frustrating.
Any update on this?

Back