Front page Picture in Evening Herald this evening

papervalue

Its commom knowledge to-day about accountancy firm in regard to email going around(Have not seem email) in regard to female employees etc. this matter should be dealt with internally.etc

The country is bascially bust and Herald is reporting on this email, ok all papers are talking about it but printing their pictures on front page, page 2 and 3 is absolute gutter reporting.

None of these women deserve their picture on a national newspaper. They have a right to privacy.

I hope the Herald issues front page apology to these women tomorrow.

I happen to buy the paper each day but from now on I may not get it at all.

Does anyone think the printing of their pictures is totaaly unacceptable?

Agree with Sunny. The Evening Herald has stooped to new lows over the past few years. Full of junk regarding petty criminals, Z list celebs and stuff like this. If I had been one of those girls ( and that ship has sailed:) I wouldn't be impressed, but apparently it's not an invasion of privacy or any offence at all. Another red top rag, but in the evenings.

I see the Indo followed suit. Very shabby by the paper, as a fan I'm dissappointed.

Overall though I'd have to say its a storm in a teacup, the world is gone PC mad. "Male employees suss out new female joiners - shocker !!!!!" It was unwise of the lads to send around the email but whoever sent it outside the firm more culpable, and the Hedild and Indo have made it a lot worse for the ladies involved.

Sure, bar the alleged derogatory comments (which I havent seen), its practically an honour to be among the 13 -though the honour should have remained in the firm.

I think offices should invest more in watercoolers and encourage people to interact there, not on email. Heads will role which is a pity and will, IMHO, be a disproportionate response to the whole thing.

The Mail also published pictures this morning and also carries the names of who email was sent to by cc

To me this is an internal matter for the firm

Maybe it seem as a bit of fun internally in accountancy firm but newspapers have brought it down to pits level

Just imagine being one of the females involved who is on the shy side and quiet/keep to your self- To have your photo published in national paper is way out of order. These females did nothing to deserve this. I would hope the females involved kick up a storm over pictures being published in paper.

Would the Hearld/Independent/Daily Mail Like it if the general public send around a email rating their staff or published pictures? I would not think so.

If I worked for any of the newspapers involved in printing the pictures I would be embarresed to be an employee of theirs.

Also think how the females involved feel, imagine their parents, boyfriends/husbands brothers sisters will all see their picture in the paper for an email where they had no part in.

If newspapers have broke no law here- It is a very sad, Someone at paper must have question the morals of publishing the pictures.

This goes on in all large offices
Their biggest mistake was getting caught.

have reservations about the last one getting in......
Doubt she was impressed

It is true, this goes on everywhere with the new intake.

The girls are alright. They have the company over a barrell! Don't think the boys have much of a future career in the company though!

Its ridiculous though, I had a conversation with 4 people (including my team leader) about top ten women in the office last Thursday night in the pub.

A conversation in the pub is totally different to emailing pics and names round the internet, and a world away from printing the girls faces on the front page of a national newspaper.

Agreed but still think its totally blown out of proportion - and printing their pictures in the paper is crazy.

Here you go!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=134401&d=1289409411

Defo a few controversial ones in there. Its ridiculous though, I had a conversation with 4 people (including my team leader) about top ten women in the office last Thursday night in the pub. Its not bloody national news, its what men (and women) do.

Listened to Matt Copper and the 2 said the same, it happens all the time. We have done about the boys but not on an email especially the work ones.

The issue here is it was a work email and some senior managers were all involved as far as I can gather.

I wouldn't like to think my GM here rates me on a work email.

Back