Front Door Paint

fkells

I got a new wooden front door last week and want to paint it a light green or light blue colour.
I've been to woodies, homebase and atlantic homecare and find the range of colours for exterior wood very limited. They are either bright red/green/blue/black/grey.

Does anyone know where you can get a range of more muted colours that would be suitable for painting a front door?

Thanks for your help

Any good paint shop should be able to mix up a desired colour of your liking. If you have a picture sample they can scan it in and the machine does the rest.

just pick the colour you want from a colour card and any paint shop or woodies, homebase etc will mix it up for you.

Thanks for the advice, I was in Homebase and spoke to a guy there and he could'nt mix it up for me, the mixing service is only for interior paints apparently.

I found a place at the weekend that has a brilliant selection all sorts of paint and thats Farrow and Ball. They are more expensive but it was worth it for the vast selection of colours and paint has a wonderful matt finish.

http://www.farrow-ball.com/

We went to their shop in Christchurch in Dublin

Hi fkells,

Used F & B paint on a south facing front door. In my experience, it does not wear well. Selection of colurs is mega but a lot of places can make up similar colours. There is a paint shop on Camden Street (name escapes me right now) that can near enough match F & B and quality is better. MRCB, which is where you went, at the end of Thomas Street, also stock Colortrend which have a broad range of colours and seem to wear well.

Back