Fridge is not keeping things cold

Luckycharm

Have a Fridge freezer- I have noticed recently that the Fridge does not seem keeping things cold - light etc works as does the freezer. Anyone know what this could be?

If the fridge is not keeping things cold there are a few things that could cause it.

1. the thermostat is on the blink. Have you tried turning up / down the dial.

2. IS the freezer doing a good job of freezing.(pizza base firmly frozen) If so then the compressor and gas should be ok

I have my freezer in a back hall that is very cold. The ambient room temp during the freezing month we had is around 4deg. This causes the freezer to warm up as the compressor never runs as the fridge temp is the same as outside.

They say that the ambient should not go below 6deg for the fridge to work correctly.

I had the same problem, the fridge was warm and things started to go soft (butter, cheese) and eventually go off.

The problem was the fan that distributed cold air, it wasnt working

I had the same problem, the fridge was warm and things started to go soft (butter, cheese) and eventually go off.

The problem was the fan that distributed cold air, it wasnt working

The freezer seems to be working - I have changed the thermosat and no luck. Can you tell me how you got it repaired- I am in south Dublin.

What make of fridge is it. Ours was a samsung fridge and the fan had iced over.
Needed to be thawed out with a hairdryer.

I have a fridge freezer too, and my freezer part was fine.

I called the markers - Bosch - who sent out a repair man. He replaced the fan, saying its a common problem in these types.

I would try and get a hold of Bosch or ask the place you got the fridge from.

Back