fridge compartment drainage hole is Blocked

ziltwo

I have a fridge freezer and noticed a couple of times a small amount of water running down the back of the fridge; I investigated and noticed that the drainage hole was full of water, I have tried to unblock it, to no avail. Any idea's would be appreciated.

zil

I usually clean out as much as I can with a cotton bud, and then pour down a drop of Milton.

A drinking straw is quite effective too.
Avoid sharp metal objects inside of a fridge or freezer as it is very easy to puncture the wall and gas pipes.
If the bud/straw doesn't work pull out the fridge, you will see where the drain pipe comes out and goes down to a little tray on top of the compressor.

I was deeply embarrassed a couple of years ago when I had the same problem, called the 'fridge man', he came, casually took a pipe cleaner out of his pocket, cleared the blockage instantly, turned to me and smiled as he handed me a callout charge invoice of €80.:eek:

Well tried the Cotton bud and too be honest didn't have much luck; as there is a pool of water in the drain hole the cotton on the bud was soaked and i was afraid in case it would come off and cause more blockage. Okay I will try what jetblue suggested and hope to get a resolution; paying out €80.00 is definitely not in the plan.
zil

We still have the exact same problem with our fridge.

First of all I tried the cotton bud, = unsucessfull.

Then a straw (pushed it down to far into the hole and it got stuck but eventually came out at the back of the fridge) = unsucessfull.

I then unplugged our fridge and poured hot water down the hole and water did exit into a little tray at the bottom = unscussfull.

Any other ideas??

"then unplugged our fridge and poured hot water down the hole and water did exit into a little tray at the bottom = unscussfull."

Unsucessful?
The idea is for the water to exit onto the little tray on top of the compressor!
The compressor gets warm when running and keeps the water evaporated from the tray.

The hot water did exit down the pipe.
But when I turned the fridge back on, two days later I had water on the surface of the fridge again.
I'm baffled!

Back