Freeview channel not available on SKY TV

Slim

Hi. We recently re-subscribed to Sky TV. After we had left Sky some years ago, we still had Freeview (UK) channels. One that I am partial to is 688, the Cruise channel. It is not available on (my) Sky box despite advertising that it is on Sky 688. We found the ITV channels on 'manual tuning' but no sign of 688.

Anyone have any ideas? By the way, I can watch it on Chrome but I am still puzzled by its absence from Sky.
Thanks. Slim

Can't check for you as we got rid of Sky ourselves so I don't know if this is the same channel but Vision Cruise TV say they've moved to Channel 191 last September and Holiday & Cruise TV rebranded in 2018 and are supposed to be on Channel 199.

"Cruise1st TV", AFAIK is no longer available on the ROI Sky Platform only on the British platform.

You could always try manual tuning it:-

Sat. = 28.2°E Astra 2G
Freq. = 11464 H
S/R = 22000
FEC = 5/6

@SparkRite. Many thanks. Optons on settings are
Frequency
Polarisation
Symbol rate
FEC
Standard and
Modulation scheme.

I changed the settings that corresponded to your suggestion but no luck. I think it's a country thing alright.
Thanks again.

I haven't used Sky in years, however you should still be able to tune it in manually.

Are you sure you scanned using the above data correctly, if so, what was found ?

I can confirm that this channel can be tuned manually using the parameters set out above
Frequency 11.464
Polarisation H
Symbol Rate 22000
FEC 5/6
Find channels, and then select the cruise1st.tv

Can't check for you as we got rid of Sky ourselves so I don't know if this is the same channel but Vision Cruise TV say they've moved to Channel 191 last September and Holiday & Cruise TV rebranded in 2018 and are supposed to be on Channel 199.
Both gone, probably due to the pandemic!

Back