Franchise : Redundant last week. I am thinking of going with "Fastway Couriers."

Response gone to you, hope it works out.
Apologies to everyone else for the secrecy, but if I gave the idea to the world in general, everybody would be at it.
Good luck with whatever you do.

for the first 20weeks its 1000euro a week guaranteed then after that if customers happy with you(its an already established area someone already does that area and is selling a portion of his base as he has other areas) you would earn 800euro plus vat a week..think its 1.40 a box something like that..

How much is the franchise fee and whats the betting this first 20K is coming out of that?

Last edited:
Fastway courier where we are based is always busy. Guy before him ripped people off by increasing minimum spend on labels. I'd check out
the area and potential customers in Dub 1 and 3 before I'd commit. Good luck.

Hi,
I think Joe Duffy on Liveline did a piece on Fastway a while ago and if I was you I would tread very carefully and speak to existing franchisees.

Ignore the bull the company gives you and you cannot assess the business that you will do from the number of vans in the depot.

There could be many drivers sitting at home twiddling their thumbs.

Talk to the franchisees.

Hi,
I looked into fastway couriers a few years ago. A quick calculation showed me that the guaranteed earnings for the trialperiod amounted to the initial investment i was to make.
I looked at other courier companies and found many of them took you on as "self employed" with the main requirement that you had a good quality van. Night Link,securi speed, and many others.I got an "owner driver" position with An Post and found it very good. So I recommend you get in touch with them and other big courier companies see what they can offer. Also I believe RTE radio did something on Fastway Couriers last year,(may have been Joe Duffy Show)so you could email and ask them or search RTE web site.Good Luck

I cannot believe this is still on the go. Speak to past operators. Not people with something to sell. Guarantees! Really! Are these new runs that you are taking on? If not why are existing operators getting out? The answer is as abvious as the nose on your face. Get real. Do not commit to anything until you do your full research including speaking to past operators with nothing to sell. Do not rely on anything else told to you.

i used to be a driver for fastway- they'll make it all sound rosy before you buy, but believe me the figures you will have been shown will be extremely creative. for my sins in a previous life i've been a courier for the last 18 years and i don't think i've every found a bigger bunch of amateurs so heavily biased against the driver to work for. simply AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Hi I have just been exploring the idea of franchising myself as it looks like I might have no job later on this year so I am trying to cover all bases. I had a look at and Irish website called www.franchiseoptions.ie and got plenty of information/brochures etc including stuff from Fastway. While I was impressed with the operation after talking to them, I am still looking at other franchise opportunities. So hopefully something will come up.

The Problem I see with fast way couriers is that you are heavily dependant on Both selling your books of labels For Fastway the company, and receiving commission from these, also very reliant on getting collections from the existing customers, did you get any figures from fast way on the earnings from this split of business, I would look very carfully at the volume of books of labels that are been sold ,

There was something on the TV about fastway a while ago wasnt there? Some poor chap after investing X amount was out of pocket.

I remember listening to Joe Duffy who did an extensive expose into sharp tactics with courier franchises. The archives on RTE could be a help. I understand it is a very shark ridden area so be careful. No reflection on Fastway just the industry.

I heard that programme some time ago and it would not encourage you to have anything to do with their franchise programme.

Talk to existing franchises;they would put you right.

Back