Foxfield, Raheny, Good Area?

dbm103

Hi, thinking of buying in the Foxfield Area of Raheny and don't really know much about the area. Was wondering what Foxfield Ave, Road, Drive etc are like - good areas i.e. settled, safe not known for anti-social behaviour etc? Thanks for any responses.

It's a nice area. Raheny is very settled & quiet, very good transport links, shops etc. Near airport, beach, St Annes Park, town, Howth etc. Good schools nearby as well. I grew up around Raheny, it's generally so safe it's dull. When I moved to Clontarf my car was nicked twice!

A big thing to be aware of in Foxfield is that it is divided into 2 parishes. Raheny Parish and Foxfield Kilbarrick Parish. The cutoff is either Foxfield Drive or Foxfield Lawn. West being Raheny, East being Foxfield Kilbarrick.

You'll notice a sizeable difference in price as a result.

Raheny is a more affluent area and this has a big effect when it comes to the school as if school is full Raheny only takes from Raheny. Kilbarrick was dog rough when I was growing up. Sure it's improved but the schools are still likely to be a mixed bag.

Ring either parish office to find out the cutoff and schools to find out availability. Don't rely on EA to be honest with you on this one. They'll prob tell you Raheny schools have loads of places.

Raheny is a more affluent area and this has a big effect when it comes to the school as if school is full Raheny only takes from Raheny. Kilbarrick was dog rough when I was growing up. Sure it's improved but the schools are still likely to be a mixed bag.

I know a couple of families in Foxfield (Drive & Park) and you'd be fortunate to have them as neighbours. FWIW, they send their kids to Bayside NS.

I've been looking to buy in the Raheny area for the past 6 months(budget of about 300k), Most of the houses in Raheny are very old fashioned and some are very run down, I agree it's a very nice settled area but the quality of houses could be a little better.

I've been looking to buy in the Raheny area for the past 6 months(budget of about 300k), Most of the houses in Raheny are very old fashioned and some are very run down, I agree it's a very nice settled area but the quality of houses could be a little better.

Why bother continuing looking there if you don't like the houses?

That's what happens when you look to buy in a mature established area. If you're looking for something more contemporary, then you have to look further out and then you may lose on the boxes that Raheny ticks, such as bus routes, DART, coast, schools, St. Annes Park & village with library, shops, ATM, Garda station, etc.

If you get a house whose quality meets your expectations, in an area that compares favourably with Raheny, and is within your price range .. let us know.

Hi, I was looking at a house in Bettystown Avenue, Raheny. Any views on the area?

Hi, I was looking at a house in Bettystown Avenue, Raheny. Any views on the area?

Nice quiet area/street. I grew up very nearby. Mixed road of older people, and new owners. Walking distance to shops,schools, village, dart,buses, park etc.

Last edited:
Back