Foxdene Area Lucan

K

Kezzie

Hi All,

I've read around the forum and seen plenty of topics about Lucan. A couple of house in the Foxdene area have caught my interest but I've seen it mentioned that this isn't the most desirable area?

Is this true? If so, can anyone tell me the reasons?

I'm a 23 yr old female, ftb if that makes a difference of whether the area is suitable or not.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: Foxdene Area

Foxdene is a ex local authority estate I'd say from the look of houses in it on myhome. Perhaps not! Have you viewed any there?

I've read around the forum and seen plenty of topics about Lucan. A couple of house in the Foxdene area have caught my interest but I've seen it mentioned that this isn't the most desirable area?

If I were you I would steer clear.

Hi there,

Foxdene is totally rough - you will never have a minutes peace there - it's not Lucan - not even close.

Hi,

I think Foxdene was originally addressed as Clondalkin but was changed to Lucan the time Liam Lawlor changed the boundry to facilitate higher property prices for what has since become Earlsfort for a developer. It its a Council Estate, dating from the early 80's.

That's correct. Foxdene was given a Lucan Co. Dublin address and lost it's D22 code many years ago. This was indeed done for the sake of Earlsfort. I'll say one thing about Foxdene....I had a car nicked about 10 years ago and I found it burned out at the back of that estate. Make of that what you will. Sorry for bumping the old thread, I was searching for something else and stumbled upon it! Foxdene has hopefully matured in the meantime.

When I lived in Lucan our Church was the Church there beside Foxdene. I did not like leaving the car there (that can be my excuse for not going to mass)

I know this is an old thread, but I dont think it has changed any.

foxdene is not lucan - it is clondalkin true and true - around the corner from ronanstown garda station and an area i would avoid at all costs - drive into the estate and have a look around because you will definitely be speeding back out of

Back