Found main fuse removed at meter

tosullivan

Went to holiday home yesterday to find the main fuse pulled out at the esb meter. Security tags were cut and fuse was left inside the meter box.

Bill is paid up, never missed a payment in 4 yr. Found 2 other houses in complex also done.

Cant contact esb until monday but anyone heard of this being done before?

I just popped the fuse back in and back on but my fridge freezer was fully defrosted. I had multiple ultrasonic mice deternts plugged in which also weren't running and my alarm was off which annoyed me.

Went to holiday home yesterday to find the main fuse pulled out at the esb meter. Security tags were cut and fuse was left inside the meter box.

Bill is paid up, never missed a payment in 4 yr. Found 2 other houses in complex also done.

Cant contact esb until monday but anyone heard of this being done before?

I just popped the fuse back in and back on but my fridge freezer was fully defrosted. I had multiple ultrasonic mice deternts plugged in which also weren't running and my alarm was off which annoyed me.

I note that you say your alarm was off.
Was it off because the fuse was pulled or did you leave it off when you last left?

Maybe somebody removed the fuse in an attempt to silence a nuisance burglar alarm?

Any history of activations on the unit?
Is the battery in the sounder run down?

Would be a clever move if the pulled the fuse, tucked and ran, to come back at a later date when alarm battery had run down? (assume it will eventually)

Maybe somebody removed the fuse in an attempt to silence a nuisance burglar alarm?

Any history of activations on the unit?
Is the battery in the sounder run down?

That was going to be my next question.

I have done this to get a nights sleep after neighbours have gone away without leaving a key with anybody.

External bell box not fitted yet so if alarm did go off its not loud enough from internal bell to be a nuisance

Doesn't explain other two houses with fuse pulled as they have no alarm

Contact ESB Networks straight away, when the Networks meter reader next takes a reading and discovers that the seals are broken he/she should report this and Networks should re seal and possibly charge you. I think there may be a suggestion that where the seals are broken that you could have endeavoured to interfere with the meter. (I know you didnt) given the fact that 3 people in the same area all had this done maybe you could all contact them and on that basis they may say yep honest man and it was vandals/robbers
Their number is 1850372999 I think.

An internal bell can be a huge nuisance for a next door neighbour, particularly in a semi-d
Its detached so doesnt matter
Contact ESB Networks straight away, when the Networks meter reader next takes a reading and discovers that the seals are broken he/she should report this and Networks should re seal and possibly charge you. I think there may be a suggestion that where the seals are broken that you could have endeavoured to interfere with the meter. (I know you didnt) given the fact that 3 people in the same area all had this done maybe you could all contact them and on that basis they may say yep honest man and it was vandals/robbers
Their number is 1850372999 I think.

Already done

Back