Foul drains

mpob

We are situated at the end of a line of six semi detached houses. last summer the water in the drain outside our kitchen (i.e sink, washing machine, dishwasher) was over the level of the grate. called one of the drain doctor types and they took forever to find that the problem was with the drains connecting all of the houses to the sewer was old and worn. he cleared it our end for a fee. later in year the house at the end which houses the manhole had a blockage and had council out. they said this had happened before. now our same grate is creeping up while one around side of house is overflowing.
whose responsibility is all this, who owns the drain pipes that connect all four houses

We are situated at the end of a line of six semi detached houses. last summer the water in the drain outside our kitchen (i.e sink, washing machine, dishwasher) was over the level of the grate. called one of the drain doctor types and they took forever to find that the problem was with the drains connecting all of the houses to the sewer was old and worn. he cleared it our end for a fee. later in year the house at the end which houses the manhole had a blockage and had council out. they said this had happened before. now our same grate is creeping up while one around side of house is overflowing.
whose responsibility is all this, who owns the drain pipes that connect all four houses

If all 6 houses are connected then its a matter for all six houses jointly. We have gone through a very painful experience with one of our neighbours putting dog poo down their drain. Dog poo does not break down like human waste therefore blocking up drains. Our next door neighbour who was attached to this house, their garden flooded over and it was discovered that there was a crack in the drain underneath the neighbours garden( the ones with the dog! i have a og too but don't do that sort of thing!!). Anyhow you can call out your local council who will check your drains ourside and flush them clean. If there is a persistance occurance the council will look into it further. Dept of Environment deals with drainage problems and neighbours. If there is a break in a pipe it falls to owner of the garden where the break maybe even if they are not affected by the blockage. Chances are you are not the only one suffering these side effects as the further up the line you go the worse the backlog. Any further details required give me a shout

Back