Form cf83

AJ1

My husband went go school, did an apprenticeship and worked for a couple of years in the UK in the 1990s. He has 5 years full contributions and I think maybe 1 part contribution. We are filling out form CF83 but cannot remember the exact date he left England. It was late 1997, around November. He started working in ireland in February 1998. Do you thunk it will be an issue if he can't remember thr exact date and if there is a month or two of a gap before starting work in Ireland. We are hoping they will agree to class 2 contributions.

I had a four month gap before starting work here in 1996 and there was no problem with claiming Class 2. They can see when you last paid NI contributions in the UK, so I'd say an approximate date for that plus the date he started here should do.

Reactions: AJ1
Do you thunk it will be an issue if he can't remember thr exact date and if there is a month or two of a gap before starting work in Ireland.
DWP have good records; add a cover letter to say you are confident about the year you moved but not 100% on the exact month.

Reactions: AJ1
Back