Form 12S - 2017

DirectDevil

Some of the elders of my tribe still prefer to do paper returns.
They usually use the Form 12(S).
I normally find the current one on Revenue.ie and print it off for them. I cannot make head or tail of where to find it on Revenue.ie as I have not used that site for some time. Any ideas please.

If it's not appearing when you google it, most likely Revenue haven't released the 2017 form yet. If it's urgent, you can maybe use the 2016 one and change the dates.

Were there simplified Form 12s for 2016? I couldn’t find them last year.

I'm away from home base at the moment but I am 95% certain that I did a return for 2016 on a 12(S).
I will check this evening and correct this if I have it wrong.

I'm away from home base at the moment but I am 95% certain that I did a return for 2016 on a 12(S).
I will check this evening and correct this if I have it wrong.

I was looking for the very simplified version (12E) for someone but could only find what was quite a long document more akin to a “full” Form 12.

Were there simplified Form 12s for 2016? I couldn’t find them last year.

Yes.

I did a return for my uncle for 2016. I found a 12(S) somewhere on Revenue.ie but that seems to have disappeared. I also got a hard copy in their information office in Cathedral Street, D1.

My uncle's income is an occupational pension and a state pension so the Form 12(S) was suitable for that type of return. You can accompany the Form 12 (S) with a Med 1 if required.

The Form 12(S) was year specific.

Follow up.

Got the Form 12(S) - paper version -this week.

On the front of the form there is a box in to which you are asked to enter an explanation as to why you are not doing your return online. They say that the form is for use by those unable to use the online facility.

If possible, this one has to be filled in using a blue biro.

The Form 12(S) now incorporates a simplified form Med 1.

They are making it almost impossible to find paper forms now. Part of the move online.

I wonder could we charge them a fee for doing part of the work for them?

OK, it was worth a try, no?

Back